About our history
Investment Casting using the lost wax technique is not new on the country, it is one of the oldest casting methods known and examples of its use to produce statuary and jewelry can be traced back to antiquity. In the early part of this century the method was applied to the manufacture of gold fillings and dental inlays for false teeth, while in 1932, the lost was ceramic block mould process was developed using cobalt-chromium alloys for dental applications and orthopedic components. The demands of the Second World War changed the limited application of the technique and the wake of the introduction of the aircraft gas turbine and intensified development of turbo chargers for highflying bombers and fighters, designers were drawn to Investment Casting to produce the necessary high quality components.
The 1950's saw the expansion of the industry, mainly allied to aircraft and military applications but with a significantly increasing involvement in the general commercial field. With the introduction, in the mid of 50's of the ceramic shell mould process, the range of materials cast increased dramatically and to the original alloys, copper alloys, magnesium alloys, and more recently, titanium alloys, typifying the versatility of the process.